Monday, December 10, 2012

Product Review: Face Moisturizer

Hey guys! Happy Monday!

As a follow-up to my previous post on "Tips to avoiding Dry Skin", I wanted to do a review on two products that I have tried these past weeks: Michael Todd's Citrus Cream Moisturizer and Clinique Moisture Surge.

Michael Todd's Citrus Cream Moisturizer

Firms, lifts and moisturizes
For: All Skin Types

Quick Overview: Light, soothing hydrating cream moisturizer infused with essential oils of sweet and mandarin orange, tangerine, lemon and lime. DMAE firms skin, and improves fine lines and wrinkles. Hyaluronic Acid (humectant) attracts moisture to the skin restoring the skin’s optimal moisture balance. Skin is left feeling moist, smooth and younger looking all day.

I bought this moisturizer online after a friend raved about its magical effects. I washed my face and then used this moisturizer afterwards: I LOVED IT! It leaves your skin feeling smooth, hydrated and glowing! The only thing that I would say is a downfall would be the scent of the moisturizer. As my previous post stated, try and steer clear of anything with a scent, especially for dry skin. Although Michael Todd's is all organic, I still do not like the srong "citrusy" scent that this has.  Overall: an excellent product and would defintely reccomend.

Grade: A-

Find it here: Michael Todd True Organics

Clinique Moisture Surge
For: All Skin Types

Quick Overview: Light, comfortable cream/gel plumps skin with hydration for a full 24 hours. Fine lines, flakiness and tightness are washed away. In their place—a sense of supple, firm, vibrant well-being, even through shifts in humidity. One ‘drink' and skin looks and feels happier, healthier. Oil-free.

So, while shopping at Sephora 2 weeks ago, I was offered this product as a result of my points. I was beyond excited as Clinique products are amongst my top faves! I took this home and tried it immediately and what a pleasant surprise! First of all: it's oil free -This moisturizer is the best!!! It gives you a hydrated look and feeling which makes your skin look like its glowing. I apply this right before my foundation and beleive me, my make-up lasts almost all day long! The best part, there is a very minimal scent, almost non-existant. Score!

I happen to switch from Michael Todd and Clinique at the moment but tend to use Michael Todd before bed and Clinique in the morning or right before my make-up application.

I have VERY dry skin and having products that actually work is essential for skin care! These two will not disapoint.

Find it here: Clinique Moisture Surge

What moisturizers are you using? I'd love to hear about other amazing products!!

Until next time, xoxo Stefy

Follow: @stefyyleon
www.ambitiousglam.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment