Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Living to Work or Working to Live?

As I get closer and closer to graduating (finally), I have seen a trend of disillusioned graduates who are complacent with what job they have or are simply thankful they have a job at all.

More and more I am seeing my friends working simply to make a living and living MISERABLY (sometimes myself included). So I ask, what happened to "the dream job"?

Well, nothing happened. People are working their dream jobs everyday! The main factor that separates these type of people is passion and determination, the "anything is possible as long as I work hard" kind of people. 

And as I sit here and think of my PASSION, what truly drives me, I would have to say that I love helping others, making others feel special, creating something bigger than me. Now that I am graduating, I will follow my passion and hopefully I end up where I`m meant to be. (Fashion, makreting, social media included somewherein there)
 
Last night in class we had a guest speaker, a former Kean student who graduated last year and now works at her dream job. Upon graduating she immediately emailed the President of her dream company and sent him/her a copy of her resume, some writing samples and a passionate email. Needless to say, she was hired and has recently been promoted. She was passionate and she was determined.

Whats your passion?

As Confucious once said, "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” 

I think the world would be a much better place if we simply did what we loved, what we were passionate about. Sometimes life can get crazy and while the bills pile up we make decisions that are easy and grant us immeiate relief or satisfaction.

Passion+determination=Success

But don't lose sight of your passion because what else do we have in life? Live the life you've always wanted and DO what you were put on this earth to do! think of where you'd like to be and start creating a plan to get there. Ok, I'll stop preaching now... lets make the world a better place, one happy employee at a time.
 
*No one said it would be easy, they just said it would be worth it*

5 comments:

  1. Great Post! I think for me my passion is through my blog and unfortunately I am in a job I'm not fully passionate about but pays me well and is what I studied all those years for. I think for me the scariest part was sacrificing financial stability to pursue an unstable job market :-/ Love your quotes and your inspiration!
    ~Pau
    www.lilbitsofchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) I commend you for STILL doing what you love, which is blogging. Of course we all need to make a living and sometimes our passions cant pay the bills!lol

      Delete
  2. Am I at my dream job? Probably not, I think I missed my calling. I should have studied singing, dancing, theater, something arts related. I once thought I was a very analytic person, but the more I learn about myself, the more I find that I am also sooo creative. So as I reach a point in life where it would be desastrous to change career paths, I don't have another alternative but to find in my hobbies, such as DJing, and having my own YouTube Channel as a means to express my individuality and my creativity and unfortunately not make a single dime. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have accomplished a lottt! Plus, you have the best of both worlds at this point with your weekend gigs and your full-time, stable job :)

      Delete
  3. Ahh! I'm getting closer to graduation too (scary)! Don't worry! I'm sure you'll be great at whatever you choose (choose blogging)!

    ReplyDelete