Thursday, October 18, 2012

Me and My Reiki

I have to tell you about something different and exciting I did last week... I went to see a Reiki!

I am HUGE on spirituality; yoga,meditation etc. so when my mother sent me a video on Spirit Science I was excited to see what they had to say (watch the video, its enlightening!)

They mentioned doing something that caught my ear. I heard the word "reiki" being used over and over and so naturally I googled what it was.

Google gave me this definition:
A Japanese form of complementary or alternative medicine, developed (or rediscovered) during the latter half of the 19th century.
None of my Chakras were unbalanced!
In simple terms, reiki is a technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. A reiki can read your Charkas (we have 7 of them), see which ones are unbalanced and then fix them.

According to Reiki belief, if any of your Chakras are out of balance, you are more susceptible to things like illness, heartbreak, poverty.

Well, I did some further digging and found that there was a place 2 blocks from my house in Jersey and I made 3 appointments: my boyfriend, my mom and myself.

My boyfriend was the first to go on Saturday, 11:00 a.m. He had an amazing 30 minutes.

Then it was my turn... When I first got there I felt a sense of peace, it was a small room with dim lights and beuatiful music. She asked me a couple of personal questions and then told me to lay down on the massage-like table/bed thing.

She put her hands on my head first and in a matter of seconds her hands got sooo HOT it was strange. She then moved down to my sholders, arms, knees and ankles. Then she placed a necklace over each of my chakras and read them.

Unfortunately, my reiki was a little more talkative than my boyfriends Reiki which didnt allow me to relax as much as I would have wanted to.

She read my Chakras and told me everything was balanced. She also told me that she had felt some negative enery being stored in my stomach and that it derived from a previous relationship. I asked her how it got there and she told me most likely jealousy from a previous friend or an old boyfriend.

That made me really sad. Why am I even holding on to that sort of stuff?! Thankfully, she got rid of it!

All in all, it was a great experience. I would definitely do it again and ask her not to speak as much :)

Have any of you had an expeirence with a Reiki?
 
Follow me on Twitter: @stefyyleon
 



No comments:

Post a Comment